All things Raspberry Pi and Time Lapse

Archive for January, 2013

Gertboard LED test scripts

I originally tested the Gertboard using the C code. But then when it came to modifying it I am not very familiar with C. So I downloaded the Python code available here from raspi.tv and it worked great! I was able to modify it and made some of my own visualizations and rewrote some of the current ones for the fun of it. The first couple are pretty basic. The last one shown in this video (about 0:52 seconds ) randomly chooses one of the LEDs and then creates two different “lives” on either side of that LED. Each time through the loop each life can move up or down. So one can move up and the other move down, or they might both move in the same direction. This continues until one of them tries to move to LED 0 or 13 which doesn’t exist, and then they die. But the other one continues until it also tries to move to 0 or 13. On the screen it prints out how many times it moved. Best I have seen using the LEDs is over 200. But just running the code on the computer without the delay I have seen over 640 moves without dying.

http://vimeo.com/58221381

Interesting and fun stuff!!

Advertisements

Finished and Uploaded!!

The video of the compilation of over 3 months is edited and uploaded! It has been 3 months since I setup the Canon PowerShot camera and Raspberry Pi in the greenhouse to watch the plants grow. And grow they did! The greenhouse starts out empty and in 15 seconds the plants are ceiling height. It was just under 90 frames total because some of the frames were too dark to use. And unfortunately some of the current images are pretty dark. But it worked!! And now I know what to change so that the images are not as dark for next time. Let me know what you think in the comments!

https://vimeo.com/57635944

 

Now I am looking at setting up for a year – as was my original goal…

 

Building a Gertboard

Finally edited the time lapse of building my Gertboard. It took about 4-5 hours from start to finish. I missed a small portion of soldering the header pins because the camera ran out of battery. The surface mount components were the hardest, but after that it was pretty straight forward and really fun! Here is the link to Vimeo and the Time Lapse (https://vimeo.com/56662328). After finishing the board I ran the test scripts that were written in C and it worked except for the motor controller. For some reason it would not turn the motor. Still working on figuring out what I am doing wrong there…

Finished shot of the Gertboard connected to the Raspberry Pi.

gertboard

Tag Cloud